Re: status of debian-np

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 09:39:46AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> > A question to this list: is the Debian NP project somehow stopped?
>
> i would like to think of it as stalled more than stopped :)

Stalled. Not stopped. :)

There was a release last december and then a flurry of activity in May
and things have sort of moved a little more slowly since then. I have
a mind to make another *better* release of a more heavy-weight
GNOME-based CD modeled after the last one except *better.*

There is work (and lots of talk) on three projects:

 * A GNOME-based desktop
 * A lightweight desktop system to run on older compututers.
 * A server-based system

But please, don't let the old developer become old wood. This project
is yours to direct and build to fit your needs. :)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill