Non-DD access to core machines (was Re: Helen Koike: Declaration of intent)

Paul Wise wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 7:43 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>
>> Not sure, that would be up to DSA, but I can't imagine them turning down
>> somebody if the cd team allow them.
>
>I don't speak for the rest of DSA but I would personally like to
>confine the use of guest accounts to the porterboxen. If we can trust
>someone enough to have access to core machines, we trust them enough
>to be a Debian member and it doesn't make sense to workaround the
>membership process by granting guest access.

Nod. In this particular case, I would personally veto giving non-DD
access to casulana or pettersson. They are too trusted for that to
make sense, with direct access to important data like our released
installation and live images, plus the testing debian-cd
key. Similarly, I wouldn't imagine the ftpteam being happy with guest
access to ftp-master.

>I'm not in the teams where Helen has been working but watching from
>afar, full Debian membership (no idea about upload access) seems
>appropriate to me given her level of work.

Exactly, yes.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html