Re: Helen Koike: Declaration of intent

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 05:42:19PM +0800, Helen Koike wrote:
> I wasn't sure if I could have guest access, if yes, then fine, but it
> seems that casulana is a core machine and it is possible that DSA team
> won't give me access if I am not a DD/DD_nu.

Not sure, that would be up to DSA, but I can't imagine them turning down
somebody if the cd team allow them.

> Agreed. My declaration of intent wasn't clear enough, if I understand,
> becoming a DD is also about being recognized as an official member and
> have a saying in decisions too, please let me know if my understanding
> is not correct.

Exactly.  Once you are a DD (be it uploading or not, it doesn't matter)
you gain voting rights for GRs, elections for the Debian Project Leader,
access to the debian-private@ ML which contains stuff that are -guess!-
private; nothing Earth-shattering, but still I prefer to make sure there
are reason people are joining.

> I also want to clarify that what Jonathan mentioned is true, I shouldn't
> have asked for DM before, this was a mistake. I am not doing any
> packaging at the moment so DM or full DD doesn't make sense. So I
> changed the application to DD_nu.

Incidentally, looks like Jonathan was quicker than my lunch and already
assigned an AM to you ^^

> And I also want to clarify I don't have any bad feelings in how this
> discussion was driven and again, I really appreciate all the support
> people have given to me.

Thank you.  I've been pointed out that my messages were not quite
welcome, and indeed re-reading them I acknowledge I could have written
things differently to have them look less like some kind of passive
aggression.

> List of contributions:
> =====================
> Debian-efi team:
> ----------------
> * First proposed solution (Dak byhand scripts for signing):
> I implemented several versions of Dak byhand scripts for code signing,
> code can be checked at
> With the respective test cases.
> These were really useful to generate discussions between debian efi
> team, the ftp masters and the package maintainers (most of the
> discussions were on IRC)

As I mentioned, I do remember of your interactions in #-ftp.  Your
determination to get that matter to an end was quite impressive (talking
also as a party that is still waiting on them for a different things for
years…)

> Not much, but as a DD NON-uploader, I thought that interacting with
> packages was not the focus. Could you please clarify what a DD_NU is about?

See https://www.debian.org/vote/2010/vote_002 which is the relevant
GR that introduced non-uploading DD.  Pretty much this is about
recognizing people that work on Debian but don't do packaging work,
therefore they don't need uploading rights to the archive.

The fact that you are asking this is not particularly inspiring to me,
but considering the surrounding contributions and how many people
supports you, I guess it's fine even if you don't know what you are
applying for, I suppose… :)

> I am in the organization of dc19.

So you do dc17+dc18+dc19.  According to previous cases, that's enough to
be a dd_nu!

At any rate, good luck with your NM process!

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :