Re: Helen Koike: Declaration of intent

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 01:58:16PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> [ CCing also Helen's other application as DM ]
>
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 08:01:52AM -0000, Helen Koike wrote:
> > I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer non uploader.
> >
> > I've been working for secure boot with the efi team and also with the cloud team for official Debian images.
> > I believe as a DD I can get a wider access to the project and the ability to contribute even more.
> >
> > I had applied to DM before but I am actually not maintaining any packages yet, as the work I've been doing is
> > mostly related to infrastructure/services/testing and not packaging, I need to become a DD to have access
> > to certain machines, mainly for the debian-cloud image build process. So I believe a DD non-uploadler would be
> > more appropriated then a DM.
>
> Have you considered asking for a guest account?
> If you only need access to _certain_ machines, that's quite the easy
> scapegoat.  Also, it could be granted pretty much instantly.

I think some confusion may have arisen from Helen's application to dm
first and then soon after to dd_nu as well.

In general this is an acceptable combination of statusses
(even though it might keep DSA on their toes :). Not all contributions to
Debian are easily seen or involve uploading to the archive, but I am still
keen to recognise them.

dd_nu allows recognition of work in Debian, voting rights and some official
standing; whilst dm means we delegate deciding someone's readiness to
upload limited packages to the archive to those people who work with them
more closely.

In Helen's particular case, I have spoken with her in person and her
application to dm first was an error. She has sufficient sponsorship
potential in the team for uploads not to be a problem, and addition of dm
status or conversion to dd_u at a later date is not a problem. I'll
therefore shortly cancel the dm application.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51