Re: DM team: Delegation update requested

On Tue, 2016-05-03 09:33:57 +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 10:09:49PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> On 02/05/2016 20:21, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>>> Also, the delegation should be IMO renamed, as we have changed
>>> the DM handling since its inception. The DM team currently
>>> serves in a fashion more similar to that of the NM front desk;
>>> we (the keyring-maint team) are the keyring maintainers for DM
>>> as well.
>>
>> The consensus reached with NM Frontdesk is that no delegation is
>> needed for the assigned tasks. I agree that this is also
>> applicable to the Newmaint team. But I will not de-delegate
>> Newmaint if they feel a delegation is still needed (If that's the
>> case, I'd be interested to know why though) and would like to
>> hear Anibal's opinion before taking a decision.
>>
>> Another option would be to welcome Anibal in the Keyring maint
>> team, which could also make sense and would give him more
>> autonomy. What do you think?
>
> In general we've tried to keep the roles responsible for deciding
> which keys should go into the keyring separate from the management
> of the keyring; while keyring-maint has taken over the addition of
> DM keys to the keyring we have never engaged in processing DM
> applications or making the decisions around accepting them.

Hello all,

In a meeting during DC9 in Caceres in 2009, Joey Hess, Jonathan
McDowell and I agreed to pass the management of the DM keyring to
the keyring team to integrate the DMs more into various Debian
resources. It was done pretty well.

During DC14 in Portland I meet Enrico Zini who wanted to merge the
DM applications into the NM process. We agreed on it. It is work in
progress.

I'll love to be part of the keyring team (I maintained keys in the
DM keyring from 2007 to 2009) processing DM applications until it's
integrated into the NM process.

Hopefully I'll get the support of Jonathan McDowell, Gunnar Wolf and
Daniel Kahn Gillmor.

Kind Regards,

Aníbal