Re: DM team: Delegation update requested

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 10:09:49PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> [ As a courtesy, I am explicitly CC'ing anibal. ]
>
> On 02/05/2016 20:21, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Also, the delegation should be IMO renamed, as we have changed the DM
> > handling since its inception. The DM team currently serves in a
> > fashion more similar to that of the NM front desk; we (the
> > keyring-maint team) are the keyring maintainers for DM as well.
> >
> The consensus reached with NM Frontdesk is that no delegation is needed
> for the assigned tasks. I agree that this is also applicable to the
> Newmaint team. But I will not de-delegate Newmaint if they feel a
> delegation is still needed (If that's the case, I'd be interested to
> know why though) and would like to hear Anibal's opinion before taking a
> decision.
>
> Another option would be to welcome Anibal in the Keyring maint team,
> which could also make sense and would give him more autonomy. What do
> you think?

In general we've tried to keep the roles responsible for deciding which
keys should go into the keyring separate from the management of the
keyring; while keyring-maint has taken over the addition of DM keys to
the keyring we have never engaged in processing DM applications or
making the decisions around accepting them.

J.

--
... Are you happy with your wash?