Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 04:07:50PM +0000, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
> In Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 15:29, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Debian is made for volunteers and sometimes people do not have time for
> > their packages or for answering all the bugs in the Bug Tracking System.
> > This does not make people automatically bad maintainers.
>
> I do second Emil, if you do not have time for three months, you just
> should not be a maintainer. You can participate to Debian in other
> ways, according to your spare time.

I've looked at the bug reports, I don't see a patch from you or anybody
else. So, it seems that *nobody* is willing to step up and help, let
alone act as new maintainer.

In other words, Michael is unique in that he does at least some work on
the package. But let's assume he does indeed orphan xpdf - are *you*
going to care for the package?

	Thomas