Re: NMU rules (Was: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert))

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:10:43AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Maybe we should write a DEP about "Recommended practices for NMU" to
> > clarify all this. Is someone interested in driving this with me?
>
> Excellent idea.  Yes, I'm interested in driving it with you.  We should
> choose a forum for discussing this, and a place to store the DEP while
> it's under construction.  I suggest the debian-mentors list as a forum
> (or would -devel be better?), and a page on wiki.d.o for storage.

From where I sit, the right way to do this is to propose a patch to
dev-ref changing whatever is incorrect in dev-ref to contain the
proper consensus, and pointing problematic maintainers at it and the
discussion of its rationale.

Don Armstrong

--
Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
Experience of the Past Million Years?