Re: NMU rules (Was: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert))

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:10:43AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Maybe we should write a DEP about "Recommended practices for NMU" to
> clarify all this. Is someone interested in driving this with me?

Excellent idea.  Yes, I'm interested in driving it with you.  We should
choose a forum for discussing this, and a place to store the DEP while
it's under construction.  I suggest the debian-mentors list as a forum
(or would -devel be better?), and a page on wiki.d.o for storage.

Should we try to get a DEP number already, or should we wait with that
until DEP0 is ACCEPTED (or at least CANDIDATE)?

And I'd welcome one or two more drivers as well. :-)  I like the idea of
clearing this up, but I don't know how much time I have in the near
future.  (That doesn't mean it's little; it just means I don't know.)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html