Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 10:24:11AM +0000, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 09:17:43AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > > If I understand properly, people are against NMs becoming DMs, even for
> > > a short period of time, because they really should become DDs, and the
> >
> >   Not any NM, this particular NM (and around 30 other like him) is at
> > the stage where they should get their account, only waiting for James.
> > Why are people adding them to the DM keyring instead of kicking James
> > where he deserves ?
>
> Because Debian is mostly about "Do what you're interested in".

  And also don't prevent other to help. I won't force him to run 30
useradd, I know which hassle it is, and how time consuming it is. I
resent him for blocking account creations on a regular basis because
he doesn't accept anyone else doing the job. This is just absurd.

  I fully agree that Debian is about what you're interested in. But you
should also do whatever is in your power to be sure everyone _can_ do
what they are interested in. I know at least one of the NM waiting that
is doing massive QA work, proposes NMU patches (that he cannot do
himself 1 week after he sends the patch), just explain to me how DM will
help him.

  Debian is not only about uploading packages. Being a Debian Developer
is far beyond the upload rights.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit