Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 11:05:05AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> While I agree with Jose getting upload rights I veto his inclusion into
> the DM keyring, for the sole reason that he is already past me and
> "only" waits for James to do the last step of adding his key and giving
> Jose his login details.

That seems like an incredibly backwards rationale. "Jose is so completely
qualified to be uploaded, that he should not have upload permissions."

If you want James to do something, you need to talk to James. Vetoing
addition to the DM keyring bears absolutely no relationship with including
in the debian-keyring.

See also:

] The initial relationship to the existing new-maintainer (n-m) procedure
] will be as an independent means of contributing to Debian. This means,
] among other things, that:
]
]     * Applicants in the n-m queue may choose to apply to be a Debian
]       maintainer while finishing their application or waiting for it
]       to be accepted.

    -- http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003

Cheers,
aj