Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 07:28:00AM +0000, Micah Anderson wrote:
> * Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [071117 09:28]:
> > On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 05:00:56PM +0000, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > > How long should people wait until "about to be added to the DD one..."
> > > would be considered too long and adding to the DM one to get around the
> > > wait is reasonable?
> >
> >   What if we fix that problem, and concentrate only on that one, instead
> > of trying to circumvent it with ersatz ?
>
> What if we do both? Or are we unable to do two things at once?
>
> >   We're doing exactly what I feared: DM will prevent people from fixing
> > the real issues with the NM queue.
>
> How exactly is this happening?
>
> If I understand properly, people are against NMs becoming DMs, even for
> a short period of time, because they really should become DDs, and the

  Not any NM, this particular NM (and around 30 other like him) is at
the stage where they should get their account, only waiting for James.
Why are people adding them to the DM keyring instead of kicking James
where he deserves ?

  I agree that DM for NMs past P&P make sense, a lot.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit