Re: Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale advocated for the DM keyring in beta test

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 06:41:19PM -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what constitutes an official advocation of someone,
> but I can advocate for Cameron Dale. [...]

I worked with Cameron on the Google Summer of Code project
"debtorrent". Cam approached me in March to revive the proposal from the
2006 SoC, based on it fitting with both his research interests (peer to
peer behaviour) and his packaging interests (bittornado).  Anyway, he put
together the work from 2006 as well as his own ideas on wiki.debian.org
to make a proposal that was accepted for this year's SoC, and then did
a huge bunch of work before the SoC officially started, and continued
on past that to get the project done sufficiently to package for the
archive. His report's on the soc list [0]. He was pleasant to work with,
produced good code, was eager to get involved with other developers and
users on lists and irc, and did a good job of following best practices
in all these areas.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2007-October/000236.html