Re: Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale advocated for the DM keyring in beta test (Was: Re: call for seconds - request for removal of DM registrations)

* Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> [071028 08:02]:
> On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 16:35 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> writes:
> > > solved by an apology but by completing the remaining formal steps for
> >
> > Here we go then - happy now, or are there still some steps missing?
>
> Can you find real advocacy messages for Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale,
> similar to these for Fathi?
>
> Advocates:
>  madcoder - http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00103.html
>  stratus - http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00135.html
>  ana - http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00131.html
>
> If no such messages already exist, can you ask DD's who have worked with
> Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale to write such advocacy messages on
> debian-newmaint?

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes an official advocation of someone,
but I can advocate for Cameron Dale. I've advocated him for NM, and I do so
now for DM. I've sponsored Cameron's packages for some time, and have no
hesitation in advocating him as he clearly knows what he is doing, cares
about getting things right, puts a great deal of care and attention
to detail in his packaging, and is very helpful in responding to bugs
(even when its the same unsupported by upstream unicode bug that keeps
getting reported over and over). All of these things I have witnessed
first-hand as his sponsor and while working on a package with him for
some time (he actually has taken over all the work on the package after
I asked him if he'd be interested in doing so).

Micah