Re: Revoking NM application due to inactivity from Debian

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:59:06PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:

> I think it's unreasonable to stall people three months without an
> answer, *except* if the plan was not to process ij by means of an AM,
> but get direct approval by the DAM. If it was just a simple question of
> allowing the applicant through into the process, this is a yes/no
> decision, on which the DAMs should have an opinion anyway and thus could
> answer in a reasonable timeframe.

Correct.

> > The "trust path" can also be established by adding a few links on the
> > Debian webpages to your work at buildd.net.
> Actually: no. He can't upload packages built on his machines to the
> official archive. And DDs are not allowed to upload packages not built
> on machines they or Debian controls.

Erm, *cough*...

> It's sad that ij went off.

Well, I'm still doing my stuff. It's not like I out of this world. I just
decided that the NM process is showing me that I'm not welcomed as a DD by
some people who need to decide something, so I wanted to not waste time of
me, Frontdesk or the DAM members anymore...

> buildd.net is indeed quite helpful.

Thanks! :-)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc