Re: Ordering of unassigned applicants

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:17:22PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Lun 10 Avril 2006 11:55, Ingo Juergensmann a écrit :
> > On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:15:14AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > > I don't know.
> > > Here related an example:
> > > One of the first questions my AM asked was What I allready had done
> > > for Debian. I did a summary and got back an answer like
> > >  Yes, I have seen that, I'm on the same mailinglist,
> > >  thank you for the summary.
> >
> > Erm.. pardon me, but shouldn't his be done *before* an AM is being
> > assigned? I mean: how will you find a matching AM when those
> > questions are asked *after* an AM is already assigned?

Relax my friend,

"introduction questions" or "opening questions" are a tool
to comfort people. Imagion a job interview where the applicant is asked
"Did you find your way to here?" It makes answers possilbe like
"Yes, the route description was clear" or another easy reaction.
It starts the conversation.

> > Just wondering... ;)

(C:

Wondering is good. Asking questions also.

I sure you can appreciate a confirmation question like
> > > What I allready had done for Debian.

>  * advocacy mail
>  * google
>
> about the second one, it's particulary funny, what you can get searching
> for someone with the magic "site:debian.org" at the end of the query.
> You should try with your name, it's pretty... interesting

Search engines can help telling that a person is vocal.
You still have to judge yourself with which intensions a person speaks.

Cheers
Geert Stappers