Re: Ordering of unassigned applicants

Damyan Ivanov <divanov@creditreform.bg> writes:
> 1. George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> applied for NM on 10th of
> September 2005
> 2. I've applied for NM on 10th of September 2005.
> 3. While waiting for AM assignment I was right *after* George in the
> queue.
> 3. isaac is assigned for my AM on 04th of April 2006
> 4. danchev@spnet.net is still in the unassigned queue.
>
> So I am curious, how is the unassigned queue processed?

More or less in order, with some exceptions: People without a notable
contribution don't get an AM, but are informed per mail and I try to
match up AMs with the first few applicants in the queue of unassigned
people. It's normally better if KDE-related people get AMs who have at
least a bit of KDE packaging experience, for example.
Also, I try to assign clearly "easy" cases to new AMs, which means
applicants who are active, have a signed gpg key and are not known for
flamewars.

> Right now there are people who applied months before me and still have
> no AM assigned.

These people are those that haven't contributed yet, plus Kai Hendry,
who's waiting for a new AM after his last one had no time anymore.

Marc
--
BOFH #273:
The cord jumped over and hit the power switch.