Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 04:04:34PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > What would go a long way toward solving that problem would be to
> > place a time limit on NM processes. Say that an application may only
> > take one year to process. At the end of the year the application is
> > automatically rejected unless the process has been successfully
> > completed before then.
> In most cases, an applicant who hasn't entered DAMnation within one
> year of having an AM assigned either has a busy AM, or should have
> been put on hold by the AM. The former probably should be solved by
> the AM in question reducing the number of applicants that they are
> handling or cloning themselves so they have more free time; the latter
> is just a matter of AMs being more agressive in putting people who are
> taking a long time to complete the process on hold.

AM? What AM? ;)

I entered NM on 2005-09-13, got advocated on 2005-09-18, still waiting for
an AM for >6 months now, whereas other NMs, who applied a month after me,
already got an AM.

I'm beginning to believe that comments like "You're entering NM? Hahaha!" or
"Your chances are minimal" (from various people involved in that process)
are true. Maybe I'm a little too paranoid, but I start thinking about
withdrawing my application again.... It will depend on the new DPL as some
candidates mentioned NM process in their platform.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc