Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 08:08 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Exactly. And, please correct me if I got it wrong, you were arguing that the
> > FD check done after the AM report is good enough for the DAM to just have a
> > cursory glance over the report before approving it.  And that "two hours" is
> > a through check.
> >
> > I don't agree with either idea.  Where's the incongruency?
>
> If I understand you correctly, you think that after many weeks (!) of AM
> checking, plus your 8 hours to write an AM report; then a 8-10 hours FD
> check is mandated plus a full DAM screening?

No.  I don't know the exact kind of problems the FD check tries to root out,
so I am not arguing it should take 8h.

All I said is that 2h is IMHO quite a pathetic figure for a through _DAM_
check, and that I spent more than that doing pure background checking as an
AM.

I am also going to state right on that the many weeks of AM checking are not
many weeks worth of man hours (when I say 8h, I mean 8 men-hours).  I
*seriously* doubt any AM is spending many weeks worth of men-hours on any
single NM.  If they do, something is quite wrong.

  Henrique Holschuh