Re: AM report for Andree Leidenfrost

Em Ter, 2005-12-20 às 20:10 -0700, Troy Heber escreveu:
> > He will probably get it empty in the next 6 weeks, at least I hope
> > so.
>
> Obviously that is the news I want to hear. However, it doesn't really
> solve the problem. It means that the DAM has to work really hard,
> process 25 people, get burnt out and we start the whole process all
> over again.

As Marc said, there was a queue of over 60 people awaiting DAM approval
before Jörg was assigned to this task, and the backlog is being cleared,
which probably results in longer delays for now. Hopefully, when there
are no more prehistorical applications needing reviewing/responding to,
the DAM approval/rejection time will decrease considerably.

> Would it be possible (more effective) to process N applicants a
> week/month?  That would make the wait in the queue much friendlier,
> because the wait wouldn't be arbitrary. You could even add in a rule
> saying out of the N people X need an account immediately, which solves
> the starvation issue.
>
> For example processing 5 people per month (in order) where 1 of the 5
> can be an out of order selection.

I am pretty sure that the applications are processed as quickly as
possible, limited by the time constraints that affect the people doing
the job. Creating such deadlines will most likely simply not work.

Regards,

--
Guilherme de S. Pastore (fatalerror)
<guilherme.pastore@terra.com.br>