Re: AM report for Andree Leidenfrost

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 03:05 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > One answer might be to speed up DAM approval...
>
> I fear I have to surprise you, but this is not a new idea. The long DAM
> queue is and was a problem for some time now. To solve this, Joerg
> Jaspert was appointed as new DAM a year ago and he started to work on
> the backlog. The queue was shortened a lot since then (now ~25
> applicants are waiting for DAMnation, down from >60). He will probably
> get it empty in the next 6 weeks, at least I hope so.

Personally I'm not really convinced that the problem has been solved by
appointing a replacement DAM. This doesn't have anything to do with
Joerg personally, but that it's a continuation of the previous situation
where only one person is assigned to the job, and this person also has a
lot of other responsibilities in Debian drawing away his time. That
situation has not changed.

I think appointing a couple of people to the job would seriously help
the reliability and responsiveness of the DAM. More people, more work
done, people get bored less quickly, reduces the delay if one of the
members has other priorities, etc.

Has this been tried?

Thijs