Re: Using orphaned packages as NM playground

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 04:10:17PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar [2005-09-05 14:56 +0200]:
> > By specifically directing efforts to exactly those packages that,
> > by definition, have nobody interested in them at the moment, I think you're
> > still spending time inefficiently: packages nobody is interested in tend to
> > ultimately get removed anyway, for example.
> Well, the fact that no DD is interested in them does not imply that
> there are no users of the package, so the effort is usually not
> competely wasted (as opposed to my throw-away package I used before).

wnpp-alert could be a way to spot orphaned package that the applicant
might be interested in working on.

Also, asking the applicant to run wnpp-alert could be a nice way of
raising awareness on it: I think it's an important tool, but IMO it's
not that widely known.

Ciao,

Enrico

--