Re: Using orphaned packages as NM playground

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:27:58AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> I think by working on orphaned packages we should not step on
> anybody's toes, right?

You're right, you won't step on anyone's toes.

> What do you think about this idea?

I personally do think it's better to have effort being put in
packages/whatever that are either important or of specific interest to a given
contributor. By specifically directing efforts to exactly those packages that,
by definition, have nobody interested in them at the moment, I think you're
still spending time inefficiently: packages nobody is interested in tend to
ultimately get removed anyway, for example.

But yes, they can be a good practicing ground, and it's indeed hard to ask
someone to contribute something to an important package/bug, as a suiteable
opportunity for that doesn't always exist.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl