Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 12:36:43PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> > The DAM, when the "Check In" stage of the process is reached, should
> > (AFAICT) simply look at the available info, and if there's something
> > missing, say "ahem, I need <foo> to make this account".
>
> The "look at" step seems to be treated as "thorough check that the AM
> makes a sound recommendation", not just "look at the AM report".
>
> Personally I agree that a second look at the report is a Good Thing,
> but ... see other messages.

Particularly since there has been a history of AMs who were less than
thorough. And some who are just wrongheaded[sic].

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK