Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> Particularly since there has been a history of AMs who were less than
> thorough. And some who are just wrongheaded[sic].

<sarcasm>
It makes you wonder how those AMs ever became DDs in the first place.  It
sure is a good thing that those who know better have stepped up to the
plate and made the decision for all of us....
</sarcasm>

Seriously, I'd appreciate some references to "less than thorough" and
"wrongheaded" actions by AMs.  The process isn't going to get better
without some open dialog about what it is that went wrong, and why the
situation is the way it is today.  Many of, AMs and DDs included, are in
the dark as to why the DAM knows better who should be allowed into Debian,
and how long they should have to wait before being allowed into Debian.

tony

  tony@mancill.com     | Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
http://www.debian.org  |    -- ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93