Re: Debian New Maintainer Status on nm.debian.org

Hi Martin!

You wrote:

> Come on, Mariusz, you have waited for DAM approval for only a week
> (And your AM was pretty fast as well).  What are you complaining
> about?  James has other things to do right now, such as making the
> package pools stable.  Give him some time.  Stop complaining, and
> do something useful for Debian.  Then we are all better off.

Well, I do agree with Mariusz a bit here: the order in which the DAM
approval queue is processed is not really clear (at least, not to me).
For example, one of my applicant is waiting since 29 sep, while another
(whos application was complete on 2 oct) was approved within 14 days.

Don't get me wrong here, but I find it rather strange that applicant have
to wait several months (!) for DAM approval. I understand that James is
really busy, but if that means that some things get really delayed, he
should ask for help from other developers to take on some of his tasks.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |