Re: Debian New Maintainer Status on nm.debian.org

* Bas Zoetekouw <bas@A-Es2.uu.nl> [20001202 22:14]:
> Well, I do agree with Mariusz a bit here: the order in which the DAM
> approval queue is processed is not really clear (at least, not to me).

No, the process is not really clear, but can you describe exactly what
you do as an AM?  And, James has made many comments before.  Does
anyone read the list archives?  A similar discussion came up in
October.

> Don't get me wrong here, but I find it rather strange that applicant
> have to wait several months (!) for DAM approval.

If an applicant waits for several months, I suppose the AM report was not
sufficient.  I assume no log file was included or something similar.
Get more information from the applicant and send an update to the DAM.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com