Re: Inclusion of a new package for Buster (dragonfly-reverb)

On 2018-12-16 21:25:08, trebmuh@tuxfamily.org wrote:
> > An ITP bug, yes. It's not required, but recommended and good practice.
>
> OK, done here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=916638
>
> That's the first time I'm doing so and I copied/pasted/modified from other
> current ITP bugs.
> I hope the result is good. If not, please let me know.

Thanks.

> > - The Description of the binary package needs some work. Does it really
> > matter
> >   which toolkit was used to build the GUI?
>
> I thought it was a good idea to give DPF a bit of visibility and
> acknowledgement here.
> If you think it's not useful, I'm fine with removing this. Please let me
> know.

It doesn't really add anything. First, the description does not give enough
information for "DPF" to be meaningful. Searching for "DPF" or "DPF toolkit", I
mostly find results about diesel particulate filters and cleaning toolkits, as
well as pdftk. Second, as a user installing dragonfly-reverb, does it matter to
me if it is built with DPF or something else? As I see it, the main selling
point of this package is that it provides hall-style reverb with various presets
including studios, small halls, medium halls, large halls, and so on as
standalone application, LV2 plugin, and VST plugin.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher