Re: Inclusion of a new package for Buster (dragonfly-reverb)

Hi

On 2018-12-14 23:30:45, trebmuh@tuxfamily.org wrote:
> Hi all,

> > > s/buster/unstable/, otherwise, yes. That and getting it to migrate
> > > before the
> > > buster freeze starts is all that needs to be done.
> >
> > Thanks Sebastian.
> > I'll be back here when I have a package to show then (which should
> > take ~10/15 days I think).
>
> It took me a bit of more time than expected to setup a new machine with a
> buster system but here we go.
>
> I've uploaded a package for DragonFly-reverb to mentors [1].
>
> Since I'm not really used to the Debian processing, this is what I've done:
> - installing a stretch
> - s/stretch/buster in sources.list
> - update with synaptic
> - installing the dev tools I'm using (pbuilder, dput,...) and set them up
> - build a debian unstable chroot base.tgz for pbuilder
> - build the package against this unstable chroot (with pbuilder)
> - install the package on my buster freshly install computer
> - test it and I can tell that DragonFly is working as a LV2 and LXVST with
> Ardour5, and as a jack-standalone app
>

> A few questions/remarks:
>
> 1) If I understand correctly the official debian process, I should have
> opened an ITT bug first. Can someone please confirm that this is a needed
> step, or not?

An ITP bug, yes. It's not required, but recommended and good practice.

> 2) On mentors.d.n [1], it says that the debian/watch file isn't working. I
> forgot to switch to a v4 d/watch format before uploading to mentors. I'll
> wait for your feedback about this package before doing so.
> 3) Can someone here is able to sponsor this package to get in the debian
> repo before the freeze?

The package already looks quite good. Here are some comments:
- Priority extra no longer exists. Please use optional instead.
- d/copyright does not cover dpf.
- I'd trim down d/changelog to only contain an entry for the first version going
  into the archive and only containing the default message for the initial
  release:

  "- Initial release. (Closes: #ITP bug)"

- The Description of the binary package needs some work. Does it really matter
  which toolkit was used to build the GUI? Could you maybe also explain
  with a little more in detail what the package provides?

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher
ok