Re: Jackd hell and other oddities

Hi all,

sorry for the delay.

|--==> Daniel James writes:

  DJ> Hi Free,
  >>Well, a possible definition of the group could be the list of the
  >>Alioth's project members
  >>http://alioth.debian.org/projects/demudi

  DJ> Do you think it would be possible to ask Nicola Bernardini to redirect
  DJ> demudi.org to this alioth page? The Plone site created by the Agnula
  DJ> project which is currently visible via that domain name hasn't had any
  DJ> news posted for nearly two years now.

Yes it would be possible, but I'd rather keep the current DNS for
www.demudi.org, as historically it was the AGNULA project that
fostered the development of DeMuDi (hence the name AGNULA/DeMuDi), and
even if the chances are relatively low, I wouldn't exclude that it
could do that again in the future.

For the moment I've simply modified the home page of www.agnula.info
(to which www.demudi.org is pointing), and added a notice about the
Debian Multimedia project on the top and a like to its wiki at:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Notice that I've split the page above in sub-pages, to make it easier
to read and extend. Wiki maintainers are welcome!

  DJ> By the way, http://demudi.alioth.debian.org/ links back automatically
  DJ> to the hijacked demudi.agnula.org site, which sometimes has dodgy
  DJ> links on it.

  DJ> demudi.alioth.debian.org is listed as the project homepage on
  DJ> alioth.debian.org/projects/demudi - so there's a bad loop there. It
  DJ> gives the false impression that nothing's going on with Debian
  DJ> multimedia these days.

Thanks for the report, I've changed the redirection of
demudi.alioth.debian.org, and it now points to the wiki page of Debian
Multimedia.

  DJ> Perhaps the alioth page could list all the active, Debian-derived
  DJ> multimedia projects. There are some projects under
  DJ> http://alioth.debian.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=99 which
  DJ> could probably be cross-linked.

Yes, anyone willing to make a selection and add it to

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Links

  DJ> Also,
  DJ> http://alioth.debian.org/mail/?group_id=30525 doesn't show the
  DJ> debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org list.

That's because it shows only the alioth mailings list, it's not
possible to change that.

  DJ> And finally, on http://alioth.debian.org/projects/demudi it says
  DJ> 'Development Status: 3 - Alpha' which I don't think is a fair
  DJ> reflection of the stability of the software in 2007.

I couldn't understand how to modify that, perhaps is something that we
have to ask to the Alioth admins.

Ciao!

Free