Jackd hell and other oddities

Just my two cents:

I always found the use of multimedia technologies in Debian very
difficult without any easily understandable reasons.

Since now there are lot of multimedia projects growing up around Debian
(64Studio, ArtistX, Dreamlinux, Musix) not to mention the
Rarewares/Marillat/Cinelerra external apt sources I think we should at
least ship two things ready-made:
1) A multimedia/desktop oriented kernel like the one in 64Studio or
here: ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/deb/kernel/n directly in the
Debian official archive. The reason why this has not been made already
it's a secret to me, and a weird one.
2) A usable audio stack (jackd+real time adds) because otherwise most
audio application are basically useless or very badly limited. The
reason why this has not been made already it's a secret to me, and a
even weirder one.

Don't know how(I'm not a programmer), but if I can I would help with
this for sure and forgive me if all this seems stupid or banal to you,

Marco Ghirlanda