Re: Fw: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net (Re: Columbia Debian mirror

Hi,

010 at 6:54 AM, Carlos Carvalho <carlos@fisica.ufpr.br> wrote:
> Yasuhiro Araki (iron@araki.net) wrote on 8 August 2010 22:38:
>  >Carlos and debian-mirrors,
>  >
>  >> I suggest cdn uses the addresses given by the mirror administrators,
>  >> at least for those in the official mirror list. It's probably the
>  >> safest method.
>  >
>  >Right.
>  >However, it requires collaboration with each mirror administrators.
>  >Current cdn.debian.net uses debian mirrors without collaboration.
>
> You have the address(es) in the official mirror list. So, at least for
> these you can continue to work without contacting the admins. These
> are the most important mirrors.

Right.
However, I think cdn.debian.net can run without daily maintenance.
Automatically checking mirror servers status.
Of course, I hope to modify more sophisticated, stable and autonomous.

>  >If "ftp.br.debian.org" apache server uses mod_rewrite to process
>  >"http://200.17.202.1/debian"; -> "http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/";,
>  >current cdn.debian.net can use it.
>
> Yes. However, the same IP hosts several mirrors, and we'd rather not
> hard-code the IP to only one of them. That's what name-based virtual
> hosts are for.
>
> Besides, now that cdn is gaining momentum it'd be better if it were
> sufficiently general to not depend on such individual hard-codings.

I understand.
I would like to add new feature for cdn.debian.net which reply CNAME.
I think it can use for CNAME virtual host.

>  >Does Carlos (or anyone) know the person for administrate ftp.br.debian.org?
>
> As Simon said, it's me.

Thanks Carlos. Please keep in touch.

--
ARAKI Yasuhiro