Re: Fw: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net (Re: Columbia Debian mirror

Yasuhiro Araki (iron@araki.net) wrote on 8 August 2010 22:38:
 >Carlos and debian-mirrors,
 >
 >> I suggest cdn uses the addresses given by the mirror administrators,
 >> at least for those in the official mirror list. It's probably the
 >> safest method.
 >
 >Right.
 >However, it requires collaboration with each mirror administrators.
 >Current cdn.debian.net uses debian mirrors without collaboration.

You have the address(es) in the official mirror list. So, at least for
these you can continue to work without contacting the admins. These
are the most important mirrors.

 >If "ftp.br.debian.org" apache server uses mod_rewrite to process
 >"http://200.17.202.1/debian"; -> "http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/";,
 >current cdn.debian.net can use it.

Yes. However, the same IP hosts several mirrors, and we'd rather not
hard-code the IP to only one of them. That's what name-based virtual
hosts are for.

Besides, now that cdn is gaining momentum it'd be better if it were
sufficiently general to not depend on such individual hard-codings.

 >Does Carlos (or anyone) know the person for administrate ftp.br.debian.org?

As Simon said, it's me.