Re: where to sync from?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Ricardo Yanez wrote:

That's the very same question I'm posing. Would apt-get be smart about
this? Or would we have carry the exact same content?

apt is only aware of the uri of the content and every request (though cached in DNS) would render a possibility of ending up at the "wrong" server. This problem gets apparent when the apt* update renders different diff-/packages.gz-files, during upgrade I think it's pretty safe due to the cache.

--
/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu