Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

On 4 December 2013 07:32, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:

Does it have IPMI, LOM/DRAC/ILO/some sort of remote management or is all
that serial console + networked power switch?  I suspect Debian would be
more interested in the 3A 2001 server, any idea about cost for that?
(And same question for remote management.)

I've not seen any IPMI/BMC like capabilities natively on any of the Loongson boards yet, so was planning on having a separate box(es) to do remote power and console access. For a small farm (upto 4 boxes) it's not too expensive. For a larger farm (8 boxes) it is more, but still within my reach.
When we get to that point then I intend to work with the DSA team to see what they presently have, and what they will need. It's on my list of needs :-)

I'll be interested on the 3A 2001 reply though - that is more likely to have in-built remote capabilities.

Graham

--
Tollef Fog Heen