Re: Lemote YeeLoong 8089 mips based notebook repository switch

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 18:15 +0100, s.boutayeb@free.fr wrote:
> Bonjour Laurent,
>
> The Fuloong mini, which uses the same processor as the Yeeloong laptop, uses  a
> debian distro, to be downloaded from:
>
> The sources.list has following content:
> deb http://www.anheng.com.cn/debian lenny main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://www.anheng.com.cn/debian lenny main non-free contrib
> deb http://www.anheng.com.cn/debian-security lenny/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://www.anheng.com.cn/debian-security lenny/updates main contrib
> non-free

Bonsoir Samy,

Thanks for your answer.

You mean that changing sources.list and then "apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade" is likely to work (ie not breaking completely the
machine)?

> For your information, the GNewSenseToMIPS projetct is gathering information on
> the platfors using the godson CPU from Lemote Tech.
> You may find useful information here:
>
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS
>
> Feel free to correc/complete the information provided!

Yes I had this one in my bookmarks but it doesn't mention
(yet) the slowness of the www.lemote.com repository from
Europe. When I have enough information I'll update the wiki :).

In particular has anyone tried the debian-mipsel
netinst on this particular harware?

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r6/mipsel/iso-cd/debian-40r6-mipsel-netinst.iso

Thanks in advance,

Laurent