Re: can't partition disk?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:39:09 +0100, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> When this happens, can you go to the main menu and open a shell (the
> last but one entry), and then go to /var/log/ and see if there's any
> information (most probably in messages).

I've attached the contents of /var/log.

While in the shell, I went ahead and installed arcboot using apt-get.
When I try to boot now, I get:

  Cannot load scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/arcboot.
  Range check failure: text start 0x88802000, size 0xc9b0.
  Text section would overwrite an already loaded program.Unable to
execute scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/arcboot:  not enough space
  Unable to load bootfile: not enough space
  Autoboot failed

I think this may be related to the partition tables not being exactly
right.  I'll look into it.

--
Jiann-Ming Su