Re: can't partition disk?

* Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> [2005-03-25 20:24]:
> First, I get the following message:
>   This partitioner doesn't have information about the default type of
>   the partition tables on your architecture.  Please send an e-mail

I have a theory why this might have been broken, but I'm not exactly
sure.  Anyway, I just generated a new image and have done a successful
installation with it.  You can download it from
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/

> I just tried the older image (Dec 19, 2004) and partitioning seems to
> work.  The new image also complains about keyboard localization.  I
> seem to be able to safely skip through that part.  And, your message
>   bootp(): append="debian-installer/framebuffer=false"
> doesn't apply to the new (Feb 9) image.  The older image would not
> bring up the install interface without adding the "append=".

I think this is no longer needed now.  Can you please test the new
image and let me know if it works without this append parameter?  I
don't have a monitor here so I can only test serial console installs.

> Does the new install image allow me to use filesystems other than ext[23]?

No, only ext2/ext3 for now.  In theory, I could put other modules on
the image but even then your root partition would have to be ext2/ext3
so you can boot from it.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/