Re: can't partition disk?

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:21:47 +0100, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> I think this is no longer needed now.  Can you please test the new
> image and let me know if it works without this append parameter?  I
> don't have a monitor here so I can only test serial console installs.

Your newest image (2005-03-28) works.  I used "bootp():
root=/dev/ram0" as the only boot parameter.  The keyboard problem from
the previous image only occurred in the graphical console.  Serial
console was fine.  The newest image doesn't have keyboard problems in
either.

How do I configure the O2 to boot linux automatically?  I've tried:

  > setenv OSLoader linux
  > setenv SystemPartition pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)
  > setenv OSLoadPartition /dev/sda1

When I try to start the system, I get:

  Boot file not found on device:
pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/linux.
  Autoboot failed
  Unable to continue; press <enter> to return to the menu:

I'd check on the last system I installed, but it's out in the field.

--
Jiann-Ming Su