Re: Problem installing woody on an Indigo2

Guido Guenther (agx@sigxcpu.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:01:12PM +0000, Mat Withers wrote:
> > I'm then  mounting install root 3.0.15 via nfs and then going through the installation proces. The problem comes when installing the base system (using 'network' as a source). The installer downloads about 3/4 of the packages and then stops with the error "Couldn't download modutils".
> Did you try testing or unstable? Testing has just recently been created
> for mips, so packages might be missing. A look into
>  ftp.de.debian.org:/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-mips/Packages
> shows that modutils is indeed missing. You can try unstable instead.
>  -- Guido

ok - that seems to work.

one problem though - now when it gets to extract the last package (whiptail) I get the following error "Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force"

/var/log/messages reports the following

Oct  9 19:04:07 (none) user.info dbootstrap[49]: running '/usr/sbin/debootstrap --boot-floppies --arch mips sid /target http://ftp.uk.debian.org:80/debian'
Oct  9 19:31:27 (none) user.err dbootstrap[49]: Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force
Oct  9 19:31:56 (none) user.info init: Process '/sbin/dbootstrap' (pid 49) exited.  Scheduling it for restart.

is this important ?

also, after finishing the install and rebooting the Indigo2 boots off it's hard disk fine - gets as far as:

Starting system log daemon: syslogd.
Starting kernel log daemon: klogd.
Starting internet superserver: inetd.
Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

and then stops - any ideas ? I recon I must be almost there !

Cheers

Mat

--

Mat Withers