Re: Access to Porter machines as Debian Maintainer?

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 11:33:53PM +0200, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
> On 27.04.19 03:27, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Since you are not a Debian member, that address is not to be used.
> > The welcome mail you got from DSA should have made that clear.
> >
> I'm not aware of any welcome mail I should have received. Not sure, to
> which address it was sent, but the LDAP entry lists my web.de address,
> which is correct. I simply noticed that my NM process (#608) was closed.

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm pretty confidend that there was an
account comment pointing to a very old (2011, indeed, since I also added
a note with that year in the nm process) RT ticket, as well as some
"allowedHost"s fields.

The NM process was from dc_ga to dm_ga, we did absolutely nothing to the
LDAP account (we also have no write access to it), except asking keyring
maint to update the keyFingerPrint field.

Most likely, you received a welcome email from DSA back on 2011, when
that account was created.

At this point, to actually ask access for a given porterbox you'll need
to ask to renew your access permission.  See the "Expired Accounts"
section of https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/ - you fall into
that one, since your account has shadowExpire=15143, which means
2011-06-18.

Just mail admin@rt.d.o, asking to grant again access to a porterbox for
architecture X because of Y, they will re-enable your account in no
time.

(I know rt is kinda annoying to deal with, also there were thoughts of
also including this particular task of "renewing" guest accounts into
NM to save you this, but it's yet there.  in the meantime, here is the
doc: https://wiki.debian.org/rt.debian.org#Mail_Access)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo