Re: Access to Porter machines as Debian Maintainer?

On 26.04.19 12:59, Paul Wise wrote:

Hi Paul,

> Each time you want to access a new host or renew existing access, go
> through the procedure again. Docs are here:
>
> https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/

I tried this too.

The page told me I should go to the "the New Members site." [1] There I
logged in using my alioth certificate (see attachment) and selected
"site wizard" [2]. On this page I selected "Request a guest account" [3]
and got the information "As a Debian Maintainer, with guest account, you
should already have access to porter machines."

Maybe I used the wrong cert; I tried already on https://sso.debian.org/
to get a "Debian account certificate", but I'm failing to login into [4]
by using my LDAP password....wait. I again logged in into LDAP and
noticed that I have to set up a different password for Debian SSO. After
doing so I can generate a certificate for hille42@debian.org and after
authenticating using that shiny new cert I now get on [3]:

"You are currently logged in with SSO username , but you cannot be
matched to any person in the site.
If you are already in the site, for example as a Debian Maintainer, you
can try to correct the situation using the claim interface."

I'll call back if that brings any progress. Many thanks for now!!

Hilmar

[1] https://nm.debian.org/
[2] https://nm.debian.org/wizard/
[3] https://nm.debian.org/wizard/process/ga