Re: Questions regarding orphaned package and transition

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Birger Schacht wrote:

> i let ratt rebuild all the reverse dependencies, but i'm not sure about
> the results [0]. there are some build failures that don't seem to have
> anything to do with libjson, i.e. [1] which seems to fail because of a
> directory permission problem (mabye i've missed a step setting up
> sbuild, it might also have to do with me working on zfs- i had to set
> union-type to none). there is also the case of rsyslog, where only
> version 8.16.0-1 depends on libjson-c-dev, but that rsyslog version is
> only for hurd, so i guess i would have to do a rebuild on hurd to test
> this? (it fails because sbuild-build-depends-main-dummy : Depends:
> liblogging-stdlog-dev (>= 1.0.3) but it is not installable).

For the first issue I think you'll need to rebuild twice, once with
the current version and once with the new version. For things that do
not build with the current version, they need to have an FTBFS bug
filed against them.

The second issue seems like an sbuild setup issue.

For rsyslog issue, I think you can ignore that as 8.16.0-1 is only in
unstable because the newer version cannot be built on hurd-i386
because it added a build-dep on lsof, which FTBFS on hurd-i386.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rsyslog

--
bye,
pabs