Re: Questions regarding orphaned package and transition

hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation and the link to the wiki page- that
was exactly what i was looking for!

On 11/08/2018 03:05 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> The package ratt (Rebuild All The Things) can be used to rebuild
reverse deps.

i let ratt rebuild all the reverse dependencies, but i'm not sure about
the results [0]. there are some build failures that don't seem to have
anything to do with libjson, i.e. [1] which seems to fail because of a
directory permission problem (mabye i've missed a step setting up
sbuild, it might also have to do with me working on zfs- i had to set
union-type to none). there is also the case of rsyslog, where only
version 8.16.0-1 depends on libjson-c-dev, but that rsyslog version is
only for hurd, so i guess i would have to do a rebuild on hurd to test
this? (it fails because sbuild-build-depends-main-dummy : Depends:
liblogging-stdlog-dev (>= 1.0.3) but it is not installable).

[0] https://paste.debian.net/hidden/991711c5/
[1] https://paste.debian.net/hidden/a37e2ecb/

cheers,
Birger