Re: Broken tar invocation in mk-origtargz (was: Re: uscan and missing files)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 09.08.2015, 11:23 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 09:56:41AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I’m missing the context of this mail,
>
> context is in the debian-mentors archive[1]
>
> > but if it is a work-around for
> > the tar bug
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=748244
> > then I’d really rather like to see that bug fixed in tar!
>
> While I agree I think this workaround could be stored in BTS anyway.

thanks for the context. Indeed the work-around is a good one (comparted
to say, extracting the archive, deleting the file, compressing it
again), and I would not object a patch that uses that form of invoking
tar in mk-origtargz.

Greetings,
Joachim
--