Re: Broken tar invocation in mk-origtargz (was: Re: uscan and missing files)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 09.08.2015, 07:35 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 10:53:39PM +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
> > What works is this:
> >
> > $ cat syncterm-1.0.tar | tar --delete syncterm-1.0/3rdp/dist/cryptlib.zip > out.tar
> >
> > --> Would a patch against mk-origtargz that changes to the piped-syntax
> > for tar invocations be accepted (the problem seems to be present in
> > devscripts-master as well).
>
> Thanks for tracking this down.  The answer to "would a patch accepted"
> on this list is hard to give.  The proper way to deal with this is to
> use reportbug to file a bug against devscripts add [mk-origtargz] as tag
> to the subject and provide the patch.  To my experience the maintainers
> will gladly accept solutions to existing problems.

I’m missing the context of this mail, but if it is a work-around for
the tar bug https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=748244
then I’d really rather like to see that bug fixed in tar!

Maybe tracking down this is a nice task for someone during DebConf?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner