Re: Broken tar invocation in mk-origtargz (was: Re: uscan and missing files)

Hi Felix,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 10:53:39PM +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
> What works is this:
>
> $ cat syncterm-1.0.tar | tar --delete syncterm-1.0/3rdp/dist/cryptlib.zip > out.tar
>
> --> Would a patch against mk-origtargz that changes to the piped-syntax
> for tar invocations be accepted (the problem seems to be present in
> devscripts-master as well).

Thanks for tracking this down.  The answer to "would a patch accepted"
on this list is hard to give.  The proper way to deal with this is to
use reportbug to file a bug against devscripts add [mk-origtargz] as tag
to the subject and provide the patch.  To my experience the maintainers
will gladly accept solutions to existing problems.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de