Re: f.el dependency loop (was: Re: Cask & dependencies)

* Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>, 2015-12-15, 18:43:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Sean Whitton wrote:

1) Use the nocheck build profile to build and upload f-el without running its tests. Then build and upload shut-up and undercover. Then build and upload a full version of f-el.

2) Use the nocheck build profile to build and upload shut-up without running its tests. Then build and upload f-el and undercover. Then build and upload a full version of shut-up.

I don't think you can upload binary packages using non-default build profiles to the archive?

You shouldn't upload them, but AFAICS dak wouldn't reject such an upload.

Perhaps we should add Lintian check for the Built-For-Profiles field, and ask ftp-masters to add the tag to the auto-reject list.

That said, the nocheck profile is supposed to have no effect on resulting binary packages, so probably uploading packages built with this profile activated wouldn't be a big deal...

--
Jakub Wilk