f.el dependency loop (was: Re: Cask & dependencies)

Hello,

As I mentioned there's a dependency loop in building f-el [1].  This is
a library that a lot of Emacs addons depend on.  If we could get this
into the archive we would have dash-el, s-el and f-el all in Debian and
future dependency resolution would be much easier.

The problem is that f-el's test suite depends on undercover.el [2], which
depends on shut-up.el [3], but shut-up.el's test suite depends on f.el.

So far as I understand it, there are four options.

1) Use the nocheck build profile to build and upload f-el without
   running its tests.  Then build and upload shut-up and undercover.
   Then build and upload a full version of f-el.

2) Use the nocheck build profile to build and upload shut-up without
   running its tests.  Then build and upload f-el and undercover.
   Then build and upload a full version of shut-up.

3) Disable running f-el's test suite at package build time, but supply a
   autopkgtest so the tests will still get run in ci.debian.org.

4) Disable running undercover.el's test suite at package build time, but supply a
   autopkgtest so the tests will still get run in ci.debian.org.

What would be best?  Options (3) and (4) avoid introducing a new
bootstrapping loop into the Debian archive.  But on the other hand maybe
such a bootstrapping loop is okay because all these packages are
architecture independent.

Thanks.

Sean

[1] https://github.com/rejeep/f.el