Cask & dependencies

Hello,

I'm working on packaging the dependencies and build dependencies of
projectile [1], and I'm trying to ensure that the test suites of all
dependencies and build dependencies are run when the packages are built.
Unfortunately there is a dependency circle within the dependencies and
build dependencies.  I have been directed to build stages [2] to deal
with this.  But before I proceed I'd like to get some feedback on my
methodology for running the tests.

Most of the packages use Cask [3] in their Makefiles to run the tests.
So I'm using a quilt patch to hack the Makefile like this:

Before:
,----
| test : build
| 	$(CASK) exec $(EMACS) --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --batch \
| 		$(EMACSFLAGS) \
| 		-l test/run-tests
`----

After:
,----
| EMACSFLAGS = -L /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash-el \
| 		-L /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/noflet-*
| test :
| 	$(EMACS) --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --batch \
| 		$(EMACSFLAGS) \
| 		-l test/run-tests
`----

Is this the best way to work around upstream's usage of Cask?

Thanks.

Sean

[1] https://github.com/bbatsov/projectile
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec